8.8.17









During my residency at LMW last year, I would have to walk to my studio at the Museum through Pipemaker's Park. The park is a very active beat; there were often men in cars, cruising for sex or waiting, smoking, listening to music in their car, walking around, making eye contact, waiting in empty rooms of the dilapidated pipe factory. I've never used a beat because they're not places that I find desirous. But I know personally and historically that these are sites of liberation and fulfillment for many.

At the time, as I walked by I would take a distant photograph of a variation of parked cars at the beat. Nothing intrusive, just a marker of time and presence. Just now I exported the photos and a weird malfunction happened where they were all formatted to an incredibly small file size, with barely any visual information. I think this is perfect. So here they are.