15.7.18

The internet is a red hot intimate form of communication. At the gym I hear people complimenting the class instructor because he doesn't have a phone or facebook account (though his wife does so the question remains, does she do this work on his behalf?).

Link: women were the first computers https://www.jstor.org/stable/25147356?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

My uncle gave me some of his old leather jackets. They fit me perfectly. If you know me then you know I'm pretty small, which maybe runs in the family. I used to believe that I had purposely made myself small, that years of hard concentration and focus had produced the shape of my current form.

🎡He would see faces in movies, on T.V., in magazines, and in books...
He thought that some of these faces might be right for him...
And through the years, by keeping an ideal facial structure fixed in his mind...
Or somewhere in the back of his mind...
That he might, by force of will, cause his face to approach those of his ideal...
The change would be very subtle...It might take ten years or so...
Gradually his face would change its' shape...
A more hooked nose...wider, thinner lips...beady eyes...a larger forehead.
He imagined that this was an ability he shared with most other people...
They had also molded their faced according to some ideal...
🎡


In the 90s there was this real surge in interest in Aliens, both in the mythological sense and their actuality—I'm thinking here of the SETI program that was (and continues to) scan the cosmos for 'intelligent' electromagnetic radiation. I thought it was funny how some of the intelligible signals we  found during this search were our own TV broadcasts from the 50s and 60s–– that had literally bounced back from some distant celestial body. It made me think of the universe as this cosmic hard-drive that is always moving and never forgetting. Or never moving and always forgetting.

I'm listening to the music that my crushes are listening to.

Have you ever wondered if sincerity is just a form? I've been hearing the very low hum of the World Cup emanating from different places and spaces this past month. I'm never sure where it's coming from and I haven't bothered to find out what it's all about. It sounds like a distant echo from another world