20.5.18

There are traditional burial practices that entail burying treasures and valuables with the dead. The British, Dutch, French are known to have pillaged graves all over the world. Colonialism is this exercise in mass theft and enslavement, extraction of natural resources; a literal pillaging of the dead. Whatever isn't bolted down is stolen in broad daylight, what is buried can be blasted and excavated.

The Wealthy Are Hoarding $10 Billion of Bitcoin in Bunkers


In a Swiss military bunker there is 10 billion dollars of bitcoin stored on computers unconnected to the internet. It's weird to think about this sarcophagus or grave to wealth – no deities other than paranoid accumulation, not even a lifeline to another breathing entity. Just giga-bits of death.

I picked a flower this morning that was growing next to a fig tree. It's the beginning of winter. I wondered to myself, what is this. This afternoon I saw a film and spotted it in one of the scenes…I found out it's Lantana, a noxious weed. The flowers come in different colours, the ones I picked are red.