21.8.17

Ends & Odds

"Escape, he said, is impossible: ruin is our only hope–a complete abandonment to the currents of existence"

Fell asleep with books & chargers & clothes & other objects on my bed and then was awoken intermittently during the night as objects fell off.

Saw a family of three, Dad wearing New Balance, Mum wearing Nike and Child wearing Asics. This isn't a critique, I was struck at how quickly I could isolate these signifiers / autonomous identifiers.

On the tram I hear someones phone ring; the ringtone is the song from Close Encounters of a Third Kind, the song that the aliens used to communicate to humans. I thought this made some kind of sense.

Started to panic the other day because I've cut off most of my hair and there is no way to change my appearance anymore (the only way is to slowly let it grow back).

I found all these Camellia buds on freshly cut branches in a bin and so took them home and put them in water in preparation for their future blooming. Instead of flowering, each and every bud rotted on the branch. I held out hope until the very last one fell off.

Waiting to bloom or rot.